Excellence

"High Achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." - Charles Kettering



Friday, July 23, 2010

July 26, 5:30 pm: ECSD School Board Committee Meetings of the Whole

Click on the post to link to the agenda for the committee meetings of the whole for Monday, July 26th at 5:30 pm. Come with a water bottle and dress for the heat. They're still meeting in Mrs. Feeney's old classroom by the district office. (I'm sweating just thinking about it). My inside info says this move was made with no feedback from the school board. It probably makes it easier to schlepp stuff back and forth for district office personnel, but it would have been a courtesy to at least ask the board what they thought about it. I personally think this venue stinks as a board room.

Most of the committees are represented at this meeting, including Finance, Policy, Facilities, Board Development and ending with an executive session regarding the administrator's contract. I'm most interested in the Finance and Facilities sections, so must endure the Policy to get the data. Facilities will address the Building Trades House options and Finance is always interesting to me. This month they will address open enrollment updates, "Middle School Dean of Students Options," whatever that means, and the transportation contract, among other items.

I copied these meeting dates below from the school website. I sincerely doubt they are going to really have the Annual Meeting and the Committees of the Whole meeting on the same night. I can't come to the August 9 board meeting, so I'll be depending on eyewitness accounts for my information.

I thought the August 2 meeting was a board retreat to study student achievement data, but the school website says it's going to be the vision statement.

August 23, 2010 - Annual Meeting; Notice
August 23, 2010 - Regular Board Meeting (Committees of the Whole).
August 9, 2010 - Regular Board Meeting (Business Action Items).
August 2, 2010 - Special Board Meeting - Create Vision Statement - Agenda

http://www.ecsdnet.org/page.php?pid=20

Click on the link above for any updates by the district.

No comments: