Excellence

"High Achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." - Charles Kettering



Sunday, October 24, 2010

Public Comment Protocol for Tomorrow's meeting.

I have asked and discovered that for the Tax Levy agenda Item only tomorrow, public comment is possible. If you have any final words of wisdom for the School Board before they set the tax levy, tomorrow at 4:30 pm in the District Board Room is the place to be. The committee meetings of the whole do not have a public comment section, so you can leave and go get supper after the vote!

In news on other fronts, look for my byline in the Review. I have decided to give it a whirl at being a freelance reporter. After I discussed the challenge I had with taking what was an editorial full of opinion about the proposed tax levy and making an article of it a few weeks ago, my good friend said, "Melissa without an opinion? Huh!" Thank you so much. Some of you liked my article and gave me encouraging words. Thank you kindly for the encouragement. My editor says I can still blog, just not the same thing I write for the paper, naturally. I told her my blog is more of a commentary on district policies and procedures. She told me to put in a plug about my new gig, so here it is.

2 comments:

chasinthenews said...

This is great Melissa. Congratulations.

Katy said...

Thanks for the kind words!