Excellence

"High Achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." - Charles Kettering



Thursday, May 6, 2010

Education Matters

What does a public school education entail? I discovered many surprising elements of K-12 public education in my three year term as the Evansville Community School District Board of Education Clerk. I hope to spotlight some of the more baffling aspects here on this blog. One of the goals of this blog is to engage the community in an ongoing conversation about K-12 public school education in general and our own district in specific. In the world of computers, I am not a native. My 16-year-old claims I am a techno-idiot. Compared to her, a computer native, this is an accurate statement. In the spirit of public education, I will apply my lifelong learning skills and become more computer savvy as this blog unfolds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo on the new blog. You will definitely be missed on the School Board. I hope to see your name on the ballot next April.

Katy said...

Hi Tammy:
Thanks for the kind words. I didn't see my comment moderation until today. Sorry for the delay. I'm still learning the ropes, I guess.
M